- Be polite. The penguin is the only one allowed to be an ass here.
- Don’t abuse the denizens. The penguin is the only one allowed to be an ass here.
- Have facts to back up your opinions. If you express an opinion and I ask, “what facts do you have to back up that opinion?”, don’t just repeat your opinion as if saying it twice makes it right.
- A talking point spewed by hate radio or Faux News is not a fact. Don’t spew talking points when asked for facts. Facts are things that are independently verifiable via multiple non-ideological or multi-ideological sources.
- No spamming. Don’t comment just to advertise your blog, have something to say. And forget trying to advertise a business. This is a non-commercial site.
- If you’ve made the same point several times and just re-word it every time I reply to it, I’m going to consider it spam. It will be pied.
- Don’t whine about your free speech. This is my blog, not yours. If you don’t like my rules, start your own blog.
- You’ll know you’ve violated one of the above rules when your comment gets edited to say “I like pie.” Because you do. You know you do.
— Your Penguin Proprietor