Air Force colonel to get 6 months in jail for raping a teenage girl. The girl was fifteen years old. He was fifty. Yeah, it wasn’t forcible rape, “just” statutory rape where he used his position and his power to have sex with her, but six months? Really?! And to compound the injury, they’re going to wait to “officially” sentence him until he retires from the Air Force, so that he doesn’t get a dishonorable discharge and thus can keep his pension!
Feminists talk about “rape culture”. It looks like rape culture says that rape is just a little trivial thing, something to punish with a few months of jail and maybe probation for a few years after that. After all, that seems to be what our male judges think. Along with the rapist who swims. And the rapist who cheer leads. And the rapist who throws a football. Rape, apparently, is just something boys do, just boys being boys, nothing to get upset about. That’s what rape culture says, anyhow.
It seems to me that I need to update my Rules for Men:
- If you’re walking alone at night and you see a woman walking alone, DON’T RAPE HER
- If you come across a girl who is too drunk to consent, the safest course of action is to NOT RAPE HER
- If you see a woman in a short, tight skirt – even if she’s not wearing underwear – DON’T RAPE HER
- Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks. And if you do – DON’T RAPE HER.
- If you pull over to help a woman who’s car is broken down, try to remember to NOT RAPE HER.
- Carry a rape whistle, so that if you feel as though you are about to rape, you can blow it and call for someone to come stop you.
- Use the buddy system! If you’re unsure you’ll be able to keep yourself from raping, go with a friend who can step in and stop you from assaulting women!
- Just to be safe, never climb through a woman’s bedroom window, jump out at her from an alley, or stalk her on a dark street with the intention of raping her.
- If a woman yells STOP, DON’T, or RAPE, take this as a cue to STOP RAPING HER.
- (Alabama extension) If your cousin or your sister suddenly starts looking alluring to you… DON’T. Just don’t.
But most importantly:
- If you’re a judge and a rapist comes before you, give him a penalty that’s within the recommended range for his crime. Don’t just give him a slap on the hand and give him a boy howdy ya had a good time, right? He’s a fucking rapist, not a buddy or pal. And if he didn’t want the consequences you’re about to give him, HE SHOULDN’T HAVE RAPED THAT GIRL.
I mean, Jesus fucking Christ on a goddamn Stick, this ain’t fucking brain surgery, judges. You got a RAPIST appearing before you, this wasn’t “boys being boys” or bullshit like that. The sonofabitch made a choice to fucking RAPE someone. It’s your job to punish him, not to feel sorry for him. If he didn’t want the punishment you’re about to give him, he shouldn’t have raped.
Sheesh. Some people.
– Badtux the Irate Penguin